Re: The Last Crusade

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on October 31, 1999 at 22:05:30:

In Reply to: The Last Crusade posted by Mack on October 31, 1999 at 17:57:29:

First, I don't think anyones criticism of "Last Crusade" was baseless. Everyone gave valid reasons to back up their complaints.
Personally, I don't hate "Last Crusade." It's certainly better than "Temple of Doom." My main problem with "Last Crusade" is that the plot is just a rehash of "Raiders." They throw in the stuff with Indy's father to cover up the fact that they didn't use a new story. They just changed the Ark to the Holy Grail and viola, we can call it a whole new movie.

Second, I get tired of everyone using the bullcrap excuse that you must love EVERYTHING Indy or you're no Indyfan. Can you really tell me that all the movies are equal as well as all the books and the comics and every episode of Young Indy. Because, according to you, if you don't love them all equally then maybe you're the one who's not really a fan.
People use the same argument to excuse that pile of crap that was "Phantom Menace." And because of people like you, who'll lap up anything as long as it has the name Indiana Jones on it, we'll probably get an inferior load of stink for Indy IV. I hope not but if we do, don't expect me to grin like an idiot and proclaim it a masterpiece. If the Emperor has no clothes, I'll be the first to get up and say, "Hey, the Emperor is naked."

I'd put my love for Indiana Jones up against anyones. I was there for all the movies on opening weekend and I sincerely hoped that each movie would be better than the first. But I'll never just sit back and suck down an inferior product with a dopey grin on my face and be happy with whatever scraps fall off of Lucas' table.
I, for one, would never be so weak-minded.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]