I don't think the Indy trilogy was ever meant to be a literary masterpiece

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-126.COL.cableone.net on November 01, 1999 at 05:59:57:

In Reply to: The Last Crusade posted by Mack on October 31, 1999 at 17:57:29:

: I've been hearing some people bad-mouthing The Last Crusade lately. What the hell is your problem? Either you like Indy or hate Indy, and TLC was 100% an Indy movie. Why come to this forum if your just gonna make baseless crticisms.

: -Mack: One Who Likes "The Last Crusade"

I've read many posts regarding the different movies in the trilogy, and frankly I doubt if any of the big three ever intended these movies to be anything more than an exciting adventure laced with a bit of comedy. I for one saw them in this light and never expected anything more. And as far as this goes, they lived up to my expectations. I loved all three when I first viewed them, and I feel exactly the same way today. I don't care about holes in the plots. I don't care if some things are unbelievable. I don't care if there was weak character development, etc. I do know one thing, and that is I really love these movies. All three. Raiders is my favorite, but only because it was the first one that I saw. No other reason. As I have stated before, I either like or dislike a movie. I am no literary critic, and most movie goers fall into this category. At the end of each movie, I felt good about it and this is all that matters to me. Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]