The fall of brodies mind!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marcus Brody from 209.222.149.127 on November 01, 1999 at 09:28:11:

I find the last crusade Marcus so much more cool than the raiders Marcus. Clearly the man has gone senile between the two films.
The man seemed like on of those mentally stable upper-crust socialites in raiders, and in raiders, he seemed like the ole'
dorky grampa who fancies himself as funny when he's not.

An example: Marcus: "Henry the pen! Henry: "WHAT" Marcus: (with one of the stupidest looks i've seen on a person in all my life)
Well, don't you see the pen is MIGHTIER than the sword!

That scenes gets me every time. I also can't get enough of the scene when Henry pops out of the tank like a wack-a-mole at chucky cheese.

But now back to Marcus! People have said that they made him an idiot.
This might be the case, but I prefer to think of it as his growing senality. The man lost so many brain cells between raiders and crusade that he can't figure out how to navigate his own museum.

Another classic Marcus goof scene: Why would he be looking at the entrance to the library's crypt. There was nothing to see except some skulls as we saw from Elsa's feet shot! The guy was bent over looking so intently at the opening! This goes to show how much the man was truly losing it. Staring at skulls is not mentally healthy. In closing, I think the last crusade brody could easily be thrust into a three stoogies episode in place of Larry and fit the bill perfectly!
AND THAT'S WHY WE LOVE HIM! ALL HAIL THE LAST CRUSADE BRODY!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]