Re: The fall of brodies mind!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-16.COL.cableone.net on November 01, 1999 at 10:03:25:

In Reply to: The fall of brodies mind!!!! posted by Marcus Brody on November 01, 1999 at 09:28:11:

: I find the last crusade Marcus so much more cool than the raiders Marcus. Clearly the man has gone senile between the two films.
: The man seemed like on of those mentally stable upper-crust socialites in raiders, and in raiders, he seemed like the ole'
: dorky grampa who fancies himself as funny when he's not.

: An example: Marcus: "Henry the pen! Henry: "WHAT" Marcus: (with one of the stupidest looks i've seen on a person in all my life)
: Well, don't you see the pen is MIGHTIER than the sword!

: That scenes gets me every time. I also can't get enough of the scene when Henry pops out of the tank like a wack-a-mole at chucky cheese.

: But now back to Marcus! People have said that they made him an idiot.
: This might be the case, but I prefer to think of it as his growing senality. The man lost so many brain cells between raiders and crusade that he can't figure out how to navigate his own museum.

: Another classic Marcus goof scene: Why would he be looking at the entrance to the library's crypt. There was nothing to see except some skulls as we saw from Elsa's feet shot! The guy was bent over looking so intently at the opening! This goes to show how much the man was truly losing it. Staring at skulls is not mentally healthy. In closing, I think the last crusade brody could easily be thrust into a three stoogies episode in place of Larry and fit the bill perfectly!
: AND THAT'S WHY WE LOVE HIM! ALL HAIL THE LAST CRUSADE BRODY!

I have always liked his character in TLC. To me he is simply the proverbial absent minded proffesor. He represents the academic side of anthropology. I actually had a prof once who was Marcus incarnate. I won't call his name but he was in the anthropology dept. at Ms State Univ. many years ago. He was fond of telling a story that involved him going to Egypt and various other countries in the Middle East, after resigning from his first teaching position, because he noticed that he had amassed quite a bit of money after teaching a couple of years. In his wanderings he came to fervently hate camels along with Arabs. He maintained that if an Arab saw an American woman on the street, the Arab would always grab the woman's privates! This apparently upset him quite a bit! As far as the camels, well he told us that normally these beasts would either rise after a person mounted them, either front first, or in some cases back first. But they supposedly were consistant in their actions so one would know which way to lean in order not to fall off. The camel he was to ride was erratic, and unpredictable, and if he leaned one way the camel would inevitably, do the opposite and he would fall off! And he would rave on and on what nasty beasts they were, because they had a habit of spitting on him. At the end of his travels he accidently boarded the wrong train somewhere over there, and ended up in a communist country. Realizing he was in deep trouble, he said what happened next was like something out of a spy movie. In a narrow alley someone opened a door and jerked him inside. These people arranged for him to escape back to freedom. I know this all sounds far-fetched, but I swear to you this was told to me by him quite a few times. So whenever I see Marcus, I always think of Dr. Pines. Oops! Well, I seriously doubt if he will ever read this. Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]