In the words of Queen Amidala in TPM "You assume too much!"

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from firewall-02.stfx.com on November 01, 1999 at 11:55:03:

In Reply to: Re: The Last Crusade posted by ROB T. on October 31, 1999 at 22:05:30:

: Second, I get tired of everyone using the bullcrap excuse that you must love EVERYTHING Indy or you're no Indyfan. Can you really tell me that all the movies are equal as well as all the books and the comics and every episode of Young Indy. Because, according to you, if you don't love them all equally then maybe you're the one who's not really a fan.
: People use the same argument to excuse that pile of crap that was "Phantom Menace." And because of people like you, who'll lap up anything as long as it has the name Indiana Jones on it, we'll probably get an inferior load of stink for Indy IV. I hope not but if we do, don't expect me to grin like an idiot and proclaim it a masterpiece. If the Emperor has no clothes, I'll be the first to get up and say, "Hey, the Emperor is naked."

Have you ever realized that people might actually like ToD, LC, and the Young Indy's because they might actually like it, rather than your assumption that the only reason people would like them because it says "Indiana Jones" on it. The same goes for The Phantom Menace and Star Wars. No, the sequels to Raiders and the comic books, novels and YIJC, etc. are not as good as Raiders. You have to accept that, it's almost impossible for a aequel to be as fresh or as good as the original. But that doesn't mean that ToD and LC are not good movies. They are terrific movies, and all 3 of the Indy's and all 4 Star Wars are on my Personal Top Ten list of favorite movies, because I ACTUALLY do Love the movies, rather than just accepting them because they are a sequel to Raiders or Star Wars. And no, the Young Indy's are not as good as any of the three normal movies, but I still do like them a lot, they could have used a few less historical figures, but overall I loved them. But again, these are just my opinions.

: I'd put my love for Indiana Jones up against anyones. I was there for all the movies on opening weekend and I sincerely hoped that each movie would be better than the first. But I'll never just sit back and suck down an inferior product with a dopey grin on my face and be happy with whatever scraps fall off of Lucas' table.
: I, for one, would never be so weak-minded.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]