Right There With Ya On That One

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Martin Kulp from SHOKB702-02.splitrock.net on November 01, 1999 at 12:02:18:

In Reply to: Re: The fall of brodies mind!!!! posted by Steve on November 01, 1999 at 10:03:25:

: : I find the last crusade Marcus so much more cool than the raiders Marcus. Clearly the man has gone senile between the two films.

I think we've all had a professor like Brody. Although a bit over the top at times, the Marcus in Last Crusade WAS much more distinct a character. More memorable and much more close to home. He is the universal archetype of the educated mind with little real life skill. His charcterization was brilliant here. Like the goofy detective who bumbles his way to solving the crime. Still, he was quite defined in his interaction and familiarity with Sean Connery's Henry Sr and Marcus was an intergral part of the "team". I still feel Marcus, Ilsa and many of the other characters were at their BEST in Last Crusade, even if the film was a bit hammy and jokey for the style of Indiana Jones that I prefer.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]