Great Idea!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Martin Kulp from SHOKB702-02.splitrock.net on November 01, 1999 at 12:11:45:

In Reply to: New videos worth getting? posted by Marcus Brody on November 01, 1999 at 09:09:03:

: I was wondering if the new video trilogy has any significant in them to warrant a purchase if one all ready has the separate video releases.

Of COURSE it's devised as a marketting ploy to take more of your money. This IS George Lucas here! You gotta respect the man for making millions out of pennies somehow...

But to answer your question, the main reason these videos were rereleased now was to capitalize on the Lucas craze following Phantom Menace. There are NO new additions to the films.

Mostly, this is an opportunity to upgrade to WIDESCREEN unless you have them from Laser Disc already. They do have the typical type interviews at the end that are neat for hard core fans. And the main reason they are out is to promote the Young Indy Series.

As for Young Indy, I highly recommend the episodes OGANGA and MYSTERY OF THE BLUES. I do not like the one that accompanies the movie pack, Treasure of the Peacock's Eye, which I previously reviewed (scroll down the postings for that). It's in there because it's the closest to "traditional" Indy treasure seeking adventures and is thus a nice try at getting mainstream people interested in buying the Young Indy.

I say, get the new ones. Great quality. But no new stuff.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]