One priviso, and tip....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on November 01, 1999 at 14:48:38:

In Reply to: Pecard dressing and Westeds - for Abner and anyone else who cares... posted by Patterson on November 01, 1999 at 12:24:59:

: I'm not sure if it was in a post or an email, but I think we discussed using the Pecard on Westeds? You had asked if it made the jacket "sticky" initially after the treatment, and I had said I didn't have that problem. Well, I treated my jacket last night and I normally buff it to remove the excess dressing. This time I decided to let the excess set over night and then buff it, and what do you know - it was a bit sticky this morning. I went ahead and buffed it, and it became shiny and smooth, but I wanted to confirm your experience with the Pecard.

: Already today the texture has reverted completely, so I believe the stickiness is temporary. I would recommend this treatment to anybody with the hide jacket.

: Cheers!

: Patterson

I would not personally recommend on the lambskin, though, as it does indeed maintain it's tackiness, even after minor heat application or time. On the hide it's perfect. Pecard's customer service even told me that after application of the paste you can put a hair dryer on the product on low and liquify the paste, allowing it to penetrate the leather much faster and more throughly. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]