You had me worried there, Thuggee.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on November 01, 1999 at 22:59:19:

In Reply to: Make that a scathing attack on ROB T. (nm) posted by Thuggee Bear on November 01, 1999 at 20:52:54:

If you're gonna pin me down to it I'd have to admit I'm more of a "Raiders" fan than an All-Things-Indy fan. If not for "Raiders" I wouldn't have come to this forum to begin with.
As to why I stay, there are lots of reasons.
First, this is an at-work diversion for me. I work alone and have a very hands-off job that gives me several hours to mess around on the web. Since I don't have E-mail capabilities this is the only forum I've found that I can participate in. If I found a forum for "Star Wars" or especially "Gone With The Wind" that didn't require you to register and all that crap I'd give them a try.
Second, this forum is very addictive. I love discussing the Indy films (even the ones I'm less fond of) and things on this forum get very lively without devolving into a profane mess like you see on some forums (like "Ain't It Cool News"). The people here are cool and I enjoy reading their comments even if there is a little too much obsessing about Indy's clothes occasionally.
I spend an hour or so a day here and I almost always find something that keeps me coming back. If you'd asked me six months ago if I could discuss Indiana Jones every day and still find new things to talk about I'd have said it was impossible. Yet here I am and I'll keep coming back as long as it stays interesting.

Incidentally, if anyone knows of any interesting forums out there about "Star Wars," "Gone With The Wind," Elton John, or just movies in general that don't make you register or do anything but just show up please let me know.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]