Re: Spelunking with a wested

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on November 02, 1999 at 10:52:03:

In Reply to: Spelunking with a wested posted by Matt Walker on November 01, 1999 at 22:59:29:

: Well the title says it all. I took my Raiders Jacket spelunking and guess what, it got beaten to death, big surprise. It was completely covered in mud when I came out. No leather could be seen at all, Only Georgia red clay. And the inside of the jacket was also mud-lined. SO I hosed it off until it was clean but then it was soaked, and weighed about 4 times its original weight. SO I dried it out with a fan overnight. The next day it was a little stiff but after wearing it after an hour it was completely fine. These jackets are so durable its incredible. I mean I figured the leather might crack or something but it just returned to the same way soft feel it had before. Also upon seeing it dried it had scratches all over it, especially along the seems. It looks really cool now. And the strange thing is I have never gotten many compliments on my jacket but 2 days after I went spelunking I had 3 people compliment me on it and a few guys from my dorm building asked to wear it. I guess the distressed look is in or somethin, who knows?

: Matt

Matt, I'd still suggest you rub some kind of conditioner back into the leather, as if the moisture isn't returned in good time, those neat looking scratches can and will become unrepairable cracks in the leather. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]