Re: Will I do?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Joe from dialup131.multilinkws.com on November 02, 1999 at 13:50:22:

In Reply to: Hey Shortround posted by Christopher on November 02, 1999 at 13:11:57:

: It is obvious you're a fellow MSTie, do remember any particular Indy jokes on MST3K? I can't seem to remember any offhand.

There were Indy references in MANY MST3K episodes; here are some highlights:

#208, “The Lost Continent” (“Throw me the whip!”/“Throw me the idol!”)
#306, “Time of the Apes” (“Prepare to meet Kali - in HELL!”; “Again we see there is nothing you can possess that I cannot take away”)
#516, “Alien from L.A.” (“Short Round, get my stuff”; “Oh, it’s ‘The HOT Indiana Jones Chronicles’”)
#706, “Laserblast” (a lengthy discussion of Leonard Maltin’s movie ratings, including the number of stars he gave the Indy films)

There were others, but I can’t remember all the episodes that had Indy references; suffice it to say there are plenty. :-D

I know of a website devoted to various MST3K-related lists for truly obsessive MSTies (all the different nicknames/insults the characters called each other, all the different colors of jumpsuit worn by Joel and Mike, etc.); one such list is a list of all Beatles references in the series (there’s an astonishing number of them). Perhaps some fans of Indy and MST should do an Indy list?...

- IJ

: Chris

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: