Re: I just watched my first Young Indy! Others worth owning?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doktor Jones from fsict-tc7-40.fn.net on November 02, 1999 at 18:27:24:

In Reply to: Re: I just watched my first Young Indy! Others worth owning? posted by Beowulf on November 02, 1999 at 12:48:20:

: Actually, TotPE isn't one of the better ones. It starts out great, but slows down tremendously in the second half.

Actually, it started out stupid - everything seems to be done in such a hurry, more like a cartoon... until the later part where Indy met Bronislaw Malinowski, and decides to pursue his dreams in America to become an archaeologist.

That was a memorable scene, as it showed how young Indy was directed by one of the greatest anthropologist of our time, to pursue the study of humankind. (archaeology is also a part of anthropology in America)

I personally think that TotPE is one of the best in the series.
I'm sure other students of anthropology would agree to that.

Here are my favorites out of the ones released so far:

: Trenches of Hell
: Phantom Train of Doom
: Oganga, Giver and Taker of Life
: Attack of the Hawkmen
: Masks of Evil
Oganga, Giver and Taker of Life

: : I hope all of them are as good as or better than Peacock's Eye. I cannot purchase all the Young Indy videos (especially since they will eventually be released in a digital format.) So which few episodes are worth owning right now to tide me over? Thanks. belloq

The better episodes to own are:

Treasure of the Peacock's Eye
Oganga, Giver and Taker of Life
Daredevils Of The Desert (For Caterine Zeta-Jones ;)
Mystery of the Blues (For Harrison Ford)

and maybe

Masks of Evil (not shown in the U.S. - I think)

Doktor Jones

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]