Re: A couple of questions to ask...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on November 02, 1999 at 21:50:58:

In Reply to: A couple of questions to ask... posted by Tom Servo on November 02, 1999 at 09:28:06:

Which members of the old casts would I like to see return for Indy IV?
Maybe Marion except Karen Allen is looking a little old these days. Willie might be alright if they can have her be less whiny this time. But I'd have to pick Sallah. I'd like to see them flesh out his character a little more; make him smart and cool like in "Raiders" but give him a stronger incentive to get involved than just his devotion to Indy.

I've been wracking my brain for months over what artifact I'd like to see Indy go after next and I can't come up with anything concrete. I'd like it to be something that's real and really is missing (like with the Ark). It should be portable so it can change hands a few times during the movie between Indy and the bad guys so no city of Atlantis or Tower of Babel. And it should be an item of unspeakable power so that the fate of the whole world depends on the good guys winning.

As far as whether they should've ended things after "Last Crusade," I'm torn on that one. I really only want them to make Indy IV if they are absolutely sure that they have a possible masterpiece on their hands. If it's just to make money or to satisfy the fans need to see Indy one more time then I'd rather they didn't bother. I just want them to make one sequel that's equal to "Raiders" since I feel they dropped the ball with the last two.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]