Re: Wested leather conditioning question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D.Borton from FLNTB211-38.splitrock.net on November 02, 1999 at 23:11:02:

In Reply to: Wested leather conditioning question posted by HF605 on November 02, 1999 at 22:13:37:

: For those who have used pecard leather dressing on thier jacket. After you put it on, what is supposed to happen? I put mine on friday, October 30 and it still has a very greasy feeling to it today, November 2. What am I supposed to do now? Wipe it off with a rag like it says to do after it dries? And what is the leather dressing supposed to look like after it has dried? If you anyone can answer these questions, I thank you.

: HF605

The leather dressing does not dry out like you are expecting it too. If you leave it on it will stay greasy and tacky for quite some time. Wipe off the excess leather dressing and buff the jacket dry. For future reference, I would avoid using Pecards leather dressing on lambskin. If you do use it, try to use it sparingly, and only on areas that are taking a lot of wear and tear. Lambskin is a very absorbent leather, and repeated treatments with a petroleum/oil based conditioner can make the leather look greasy. The Pecard does offer other leather care products that you can use though. Hope this helps

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]