Re: Wested leather conditioning question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on November 03, 1999 at 08:34:14:

In Reply to: Re: Wested leather conditioning question posted by HF605 on November 03, 1999 at 07:17:13:

: I called the pecard people and they told me that the antique dressing was the best to use on lambskin...maybe they didn't know what they were talking about. How would I go about buffing it? What would I use to buff it?

: HF605

Good morning. Sooner or later you'll be able to find some of this info on IndyGear soon, as I just wrote a small novel for Indiana John regarding my experiences with the care and feeding of our gear. Agree or disagree, I'll only be reporting what I've experienced. If you'll notice in all the past postings, the hide jacket is what we've been harping about for the Pecard's dressing. As pointed out by others, the skin will not absorb that well, but you can push the process (this from Pecard's customer service folks) by applying low heat to the dressing in the tackiest areas to liquify the dressing more and "drive" it into the fibers. After it cools, take a dry clean rag such as an old tee shirt and buff the jacket until you raise a shine. It may still have a little bit of tackiness, but don't let this concern you. It will wear in, and also confirms the waterproofing of the garment. But let me repeat, the Pecards does it real wonders on the lambHIDE version, not the SKIN. Hope this helps. If not, contact me off line and we'll kick it around some more. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]