Patterson--could you send me some pix of your jacket?Thanx!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JustinB from 12.13.158.22 on November 03, 1999 at 12:32:15:

In Reply to: Are we talking about hide or skin? posted by Patterson on November 03, 1999 at 08:41:10:

: : I called the pecard people and they told me that the antique dressing was the best to use on lambskin...maybe they didn't know what they were talking about. How would I go about buffing it? What would I use to buff it?

: : HF605

: The regular Pecard dressing works fine on the hide. I just work it into the leather with my hands until it basically liquifies. I let it sit for a half hour or so and then buf it out lightly with a clean dry towel. The result is very soft and smooth.

: Michaelson posted a few days ago that it was probably not a good choice for the skin jackets, and I believe made another recommendation.

: As for how it has worked on my lamb hide LC jacket, I love it. The texture is not oily or tacky at all - it is in fact softer and smoother then it was when I took it out of the box from Peter. The leather has taken on a very rich tone and looks great. I have a few pic's I could email that show this if anybody want them.

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: