Re: I've just been elected class weirdo

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from Port27.westworld.ca on November 03, 1999 at 14:46:23:

In Reply to: I've just been elected class weirdo posted by Indiana Jayne on November 03, 1999 at 04:49:17:

: Hi! I've got this Indy sign I made pasted on my pencil case. Ok, big deal, right? But then , this really irritating guy saw it and said something like," Yo, what's the deal with Indiana Jones, man?" Then I said through gritted teeth," Well, what's wrong with it?" So, this guy flashed me a weird look and says," You're crazy!" I could have gave him a really fat lip but it was school. Anyway, besides that, people have been looking at my pencil case A LOT! I'd bet they're probably thinking what a weirdo I am. What's wrong with the sign? What's wrong with being an Indy fan? It's so eye-catching that everybody stops and stares at it. Makes me sick everytime! Got advice?
: Thanks,I'd appreciate it!

: From,
: Not a very jolly Indiana Jayne.

Don't worry about that punk who said you are crazy. BTW, in what tone did he say it in? Did he say it sounding like he was insulting you or was it more of a joke? Sometimes it can be hard to tell. But you should be happy that people are looking at your pencil case, maybe because they think it is cool that you like Indy. Anyways, I do show my love of Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and E.T., some people may roll their eyes and maybe scoff at it (but it really isn't anything too negative or threatening, I guess I've been lucky), but I keep on doing it regardless of what others may think. But I have met some people who are completely understanding and accepting for my love of movies, and they're all right with it, in fact, they may sometimes give you merchandise if they find some stuff for you (like my good buddy Mike giving me a whole bunch of RARE Indy merchandise from 1981 and 1984 he had lying around in his attic for years). My advice, keep your head up high and continue, and don't let any antagonists bring you down!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]