A good idea!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana John from proxy.wmfg.com on November 04, 1999 at 07:12:49:

In Reply to: Re: Let's look at it another way... posted by Steve on November 03, 1999 at 19:08:59:

: : : : : There generally is not to much to talk about the Shoulder Bag, but
: : : : : in this case there is. The W&G on the bags used in the films was actually Waring & Gilbow, not Willis & Geiger.

: : : : : I have added & edited quite a bit to the bag pages at Indy Gear.
: : : : : Please check them out.
: : : : : John

: : : : ...this is by no means bad news. What you've accomplished is clarification of what was before considered a "known" fact. I myself had been told by a collector that it was Willis and Geiger, but he was based in New York State. Your sources are indeed much closer to the source, so no, I'd consider this clarification of facts a feather in yours and IndyGear's hat, and I'm not saying that because I am connected with it. Excellent detective work "boss"! Regards. Michaelson
: : : ...Someday I do hope you gentlemen will add a page to IndyGear that chronicles how you found out everything you found out about all these items. I have always been beyond impressed with this wealth of information and I think we all need to know where it all started from. All I ever knew was in the credits! How you went from original costume designer Deborah Nadoolman to Wested Leather is a story that must be told. Don't worry we have plenty of time!

: : I'd love to hear how this stuff has been bird-dogged, both before pre-internet and beyond. It really is amazing the wealth of information out there. Seriously, some kind of narative on this quest you've ben on would make a great read.

: : Cheers!

: : Patterson

I'll put that on my project list.
John

:
: I'll add a second to Patterson's post. It would make interesting reading. Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]