Re: Thanks...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana G.J.R. from spider-tm053.proxy.aol.com on November 04, 1999 at 16:11:53:

In Reply to: Nice folks at the Wested Enfield store. Many thanks! posted by Reiger on November 04, 1999 at 15:39:16:

: My wife and I went to the Wested store in Enfield last week so I could get custom fitted for a Raiders jacket. The folks there were helpful and very friendly. I would have liked to have stayed and heard a few stories. Unfortunately the meter was running on my cab outside, and saying Enfield is in the greater London area would be stretching the truth a bit. We had to get back to the Heathrow area.

: I met three folks there. Donna was a cute woman who handled the register and customers in the store front; I can't remember the name of the woman who measured me. She was very nice and told me she actually made Harrison's jacket for Raiders. She worked in the back (the actual tailors shop) with at least two others. An older man came out of the back and talked fishing with me for a bit after I told the woman measuring me that I had lived in Oxfordshire for a few years when I was just a sprout. Like I said, they were a friendly bunch. I didn't see Mr. Botwright there.

: They estimated it would be five weeks before my jacket left the shop because they were getting alot of business now from the internet site.

: Many thanks to the kind folks at Wested for taking good care of me.

: Some advice for anyone contemplating purchasing a Wested jacket: be as explicit as possible when giving measurements when you order your jacket. Give extra measurements if you think it will help get you a correctly fitting jacket. Don't hesitate to call one of the shops or send Peter an email if you have questions.

: The measurements they took of me in the shop were chest, collar to tip of shoulder, shoulder to bottom of sleeve, and shoulder to shoulder across the upper back. The last measurement is important. It tells them if you have rounded shoulders or are stooped a bit. This will be my second Raiders jacket because the first time I ordered a jacket I did not give that last measurement. My shoulders are both big and rounded. There was no way the jacket was going to fit me right when it arrived. It was no one's fault the thing didn't fit. I didn't know any better to give the measurement, and Wested made just what I asked for. Peter Botwright offered to alter the jacket. Rather than go through the expense and time, I found an Indy fan who promised to make a loving home for the jacket ; ) and I promised myself to get custom fitted for a replacement the next time I just happened to find myself in the middle of BFEnfield, England.

: Again many thanks to the kind folks at Wested for taking good care of me. I can't wait to try on my new jacket!

I wanted to know the exact methods of their measuring. Thanks,
G.J.R.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: