Re: The big... four

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Joe from dialup104.multilinkws.com on November 04, 1999 at 20:31:08:

In Reply to: Re: The big... four posted by Michaelson on November 03, 1999 at 16:11:54:

: : Would anyone else agree that the success of the Indy films is due equally to the participation of not only Ford, Lucas, and Spielberg but also John Williams. I believe the music score adds so much to the films, that they would not have half the attraction without it. I think Williams is just as big a contributor to the series as Ford.

: You better believe it. Spielberg totally agrees with you too, and you can find his comments regarding this very thing in the Raiders LP album cover notes in 1981. He couldn't say enough about how the score pretty much tied the entire thing together. Regards. Michaelson

He wrote similarly glowing liner notes for the soundtracks for Temple of Doom and Last Crusade - as he did, in fact, for nearly all the soundtrack albums for his films (nearly all of which were composed by Williams, of course).

Spielberg is well-known for his admiration of Williams. It was Spielberg, in fact, who recommended Williams to Lucas when Lucas was looking for a composer for the original Star Wars. I’m of the opinion that neither Lucas nor Spielberg would have enjoyed a great deal of their success had it not been for Williams’ magnificent scores to so many of their films.

Incidentally, though Lucas hasn’t made a point of writing liner notes for soundtrack albums, he did write some praising Williams for The Phantom Menace - as well as some praising McNeely and Rosenthal for the fourth volume of Young Indy.

- IJ

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]