Go back to the store and see if you can find widescreen!! :) (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from port7.westworld.ca on November 05, 1999 at 14:12:35:

In Reply to: Darn, all I could get was pan-n-scan. posted by Short Round on November 05, 1999 at 04:11:12:

: I was at Wal-Mart looking for the tapes and they didn't have 'em. On the way out a lady was opening up these boxes and we asked if they had any of the Indiana Jones tapes in there. She hands me the boxed set so I go right away and pay for it. I check out the box and the words "Widescreen version" aren't written anywhere on it! We get home and I put in Peacock's Eye. After watching that I put in ToD and I notice on the beginning that they have the widescreen lines on the bottom and the top but then they disappear. But I noticed that pan-n-scan is slightly "wider". For example, when when 'Round is beatin' up on the Maharajah and he finally wakes up from the black sleep of Kali, you can see that his face is still on screen when he gets up instead of his head flyin' offscreen. And when Indy tells Shorty to get in the cart, and Shorty says "Thank you!" you can see the Mahrajah's face still instead of a closeup of Shorty. And on the "AAAH we're gonna crash!" scene, you can see a closeup of Willie instead of Shorty. But it'd be better if I had widescreen and that dumb chik handed me widescreen *sniff*. Well see ya's, Shorty.
: "Yes, I understand it's power now." -Indy, ToD.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]