Re: Eternal life!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Man with the Hat from port105.maxc02.bignet.net on November 07, 1999 at 03:39:06:

In Reply to: Re: Eternal life!!! posted by Doktor Jones on November 06, 1999 at 19:32:06:

: : : : In LC, Indy and his dad drank the water from the Holy Grail right? So won't they be immortal or something and stay forever young?

: : : : Thanks,
: : : : Plain old Indiana Jayne

: : : Immortality only works if they didn't cross the seal at the mouth of the temple. The old knight said that.

: : I think he meant the cup. The cup mus'nt cross the seal. By the way i'm trying to be an indy fan forum regular

:
: I think he also meant the powers of the cup..

I believe that the Grail Knight definitely meant that after leaving the Grail's resting place, the immortality was void!! If this was not true, then what was the price of immortality that the Knight referred to? He could have just drank from the Cup of Christ and left the Temple of the Grail and lived forever!! Yet, he had to stay!! Also, although this isn't really canon, there was a line cut from "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" with the Knight saying something to this effect: "Everytime I felt unworthy, I failed to drink from the Grail." which explains why the Knight was so old!! Although, thinking about it, I can't imagine what unworthy thing a knight could do living in a cave by himself!!

See ya,

The Man with the Hat

"Fortune and Glory, Kid. Fortune and Glory."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: