Re: Indy FRAUD on ebay...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on November 07, 1999 at 10:53:43:

In Reply to: Re: Indy FRAUD on ebay... posted by Short Round on November 05, 1999 at 18:00:54:

: He's sellin' it for 19.99 when ya can see it for free on the net! What a dickweed! I'm gonna email him and so should everyone else! I'm with Patterson and this con who's tryin' to suck 19 bucks out of an innocent citizen of the indy realm! See ya, Shorty.
: "It's hotty overload in here!" -Steve, ANATR.

I have contacted other eBay sellers of this script before, and to everyone of them to date actually thought they had the real thing. One poor fellow had picked up 5 copies at a trade show thinking he was picking up working copies of Indy IV, and planned to sell them on eBay to pick up some funds. He pulled them off immediately after we passed information and never offered them again. As with anything on eBay, the old adage, "the buyer beware" should be strictly practiced. As to the individual who bought that script, they must not be MUCH of an Indy fan, as just about everyone in the hobby has seen this old chestnut and has a copy in their files. As Shorty pointed out, it's free on the internet, or I guess it's still floating around out there somewhere. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]