Re: I'm still not convinced.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from port3.westworld.ca on November 08, 1999 at 06:21:40:

In Reply to: I'm still not convinced. posted by ROB T. on November 07, 1999 at 22:44:31:

: I wish I saw the same movie Roger Ebert did but I didn't. I respect Ebert's opinion but even he'll tell you he isn't always right. As proof I submit that he gave glowing reviews to two of the worst movies to come out this summer. I'm talking about "Phantom Menace" and "Eyes Wide Shut." He also gave a poor review to "Fight Club," a review I agree with, but most other critics liked the film.
: Lastly, even Roger's long-time partner, Gene Siskel, was apalled at some of Roger's reviews. He never let Roger forget the 3 star review he gave to the Burt Reynolds crapfest "Cop and a Half."
: Bottom line, you'll never convince me that "Temple of Doom" is equal to "Raiders." It's an okay film but nothing special.

Well, nobody is ever right. Yes, I'll admit Ebert has given good reviews to some bad movies, but "The Phantom Menace" is not one of them. I didn't see "Eyes Wide Shut", so i can't argue that, but those two movies I'll bet are hardly fare to call Grade-Z as you are touting. But Siskel has given some good reviews to some bad movies like Free Willy 3, I remember. But thats beside the point, what I'm trying to say is whether or not you would agree with Ebert's opinion, he does an excellent job backing up his opinion, something I wanted to show for ToD, but you chose not to see that he can bring in merits. Rather you chose to bring in that he isn't always right 100% of the time. Read the review one more time ROB T. and tell me did he give a fair argument for the defense of ToD?

------------------------------------------------

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]