Re: FWIW, I not only loved “Star Wars - Episode I: The Phantom Menace”, I thought “Eyes Wide Shut” was engrossing and provocative (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Joe from dialup22.multilinkws.com on November 08, 1999 at 09:22:14:

In Reply to: I'm still not convinced. posted by ROB T. on November 07, 1999 at 22:44:31:

: I wish I saw the same movie Roger Ebert did but I didn't. I respect Ebert's opinion but even he'll tell you he isn't always right. As proof I submit that he gave glowing reviews to two of the worst movies to come out this summer. I'm talking about "Phantom Menace" and "Eyes Wide Shut." He also gave a poor review to "Fight Club," a review I agree with, but most other critics liked the film.
: Lastly, even Roger's long-time partner, Gene Siskel, was apalled at some of Roger's reviews. He never let Roger forget the 3 star review he gave to the Burt Reynolds crapfest "Cop and a Half."
: Bottom line, you'll never convince me that "Temple of Doom" is equal to "Raiders." It's an okay film but nothing special.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]