True

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em11-686.utsi.edu on November 08, 1999 at 16:11:57:

In Reply to: More (or should I say less?) on Cinescape's mysterious behavior... posted by Dietrich on November 08, 1999 at 16:00:09:

: Note to any reading this: this entire bout of verbal banter is merely a ruse on my part to get people talking about Indy 4 again. That said...

: Interesting point, Michaelson, but the legal problem with Sons of Darkness came from the author''s claim that the script was written by Jeffrey Boam and that it was the property of Lucasfilm, Ltd. Cinescape would be safe, legally speaking, in releasing a plot synopsis of Law of One - simply because they can claim no ownership or support of the script: they only report the news. (Plus, I still think the Law of One script is Spielberg's rumored draft. How it got in their hands, I don't know...)

: Yeah, I'm probabaly crazy. But there's something with these two scripts I just don't get. Something doesn't add up. I can't clearly label them as fan fics and I guess I can't put 100 percent stock in them being legit. And I can't seem to quit talking about them either...

The flip side to LucasFilm's problem and threat of lawsuit with "Darkness" was the fact that it was being represented as an official script under consideration, and was using the Indiana Jones label without permission of LucasFilm, Ltd. I don't recall Boam making any statements of fraud against the author so I don't think that ever came into light. I am more concerned with the "Law of One" script's sudden entry, then just as sudden departure by said same web site. I've experienced the old "bait and switch" before, but never this fast. It left one wondering if we had ever even seen a script in the first place. I am wondering if such a complete script even exists, as we've only had a taste of the beginning, and nothing more. Yes, this can be read either way, it's either legit and has been buried, or it's another hoax and they pulled the plug before it got to serious, but just enough to keep us talking. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]