Re: open crown hats from dave morgan

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by robert griggs from ppp-206-170-218-116.nhwd02.pacbell.net on May 30, 1998 at 15:21:19:

In Reply to: open crown hats from dave morgan posted by nitzsche on May 30, 1998 at 15:03:46:

: has anyone purchased an open-crowned hat from d. morgan and attempted to bash the crown like any style of indy's fedora scene in the films?
: it seems to me this would be a great way to ensure you get the exact pinch and crease you want without the disappointment of of trying to reshape a pre-creased crown.

: i, myself, have several hats, some official indy hats, one from paris that i reshaped into indy's style, and one from worth & worth, the sienna, (which is too small despite the fact that it is the size i usually order.

: just thought if anyone had any comments on the open-crown concept. i am a slight perfectionist, and try to replicate indy's hat as closely as possible witout spending a great deal of $$$$-

: nitzsche

i actually have a fedora used in the films. it was worn by a stuntman. as close as i can put it it's from temple of doom during the fight in the mines near the rock crusher, due to the distress put into the hat. if anybody is interested they should contact me.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]