The INDY IV script(s) are speculative, and trusting the likes of CINESCAPE, etc... is far from impeccable

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adam from 12.29.96.50 on November 09, 1999 at 11:53:01:

In Reply to: Explanation for above post and why I think CINESCAPE IS SITTING ON A COMPLETE DRAFT OF THE INDY 4 SCRIPT! posted by Dietrich on November 08, 1999 at 14:25:43:

: Well, according to Garth, he says it's been scrapped - meaning it's no longer under consideration. I take it that means that at one time at least, it was under consideration by Lucasfilm. But I still don't get the name thing - that title sounds like fan fic to me (which I know a little about...).

: At the least, the simple fact that we never heard anything further on it in my book means there's something shady going on there. If it's fan fic - the truth usually comes out at some point. Look at the onetime controversy surrounding Sons of Darkness and Sword of Arthur. BOTH scripts were onetime contenders - but were shortly explained as fan fic. yet we've heard nothing to dispute the raiders of the Fallen Empire OR the Law of One scripts. It's not like either Cinescape or Dark Horizons to sit on an actual script without breaking it - and they usually don't leave rumors unconfirmed.

: On top of all that, if Garth can score the serious goods on the Cyclops pics from the X-Men set - I'm inclined to believe him. Also, I was a bit hopeful and perhaps exaggerated. Sorry.

: ALSO, CONSIDER THIS: IF CINESCAPE HAS THE LAW OF ONE SCRIPT WHY HAVEN'T THEY POSTED A SYNOPSIS!!!!!????

I find very little logic in basing your judgements on the speculation of such magazines. Even the likes of MR. SHOWBIZ and HOLLYWOOD REPORTER/VARIETY have often made mistakes in inferring the validity of gossip and scripts. I think you are reading far too much between the lines, personally.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]