Indy 3d game demo experience...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Run of the Mill from lab1c04.midlab.lsu.edu on November 10, 1999 at 15:45:57:

I was at comp usa killing time on this computer with a HUGE moniter, when one guy that worked there siad I could try out a demo disk that he had. I said sure why not and popped it in. Well a list of music came up and it didn't have that new Santana song on it, so I looked around elsewhere on the disk and finally got to the game demos. Inside I prayed to every God that there would be a playable version of Indy3d on there, and for a moment, when I saw that fedora and whip on screen, I thought my prayers were answered..., well they almost were. After clicking on the title of the game it gave me the option on seeing screenshots or a video demo. Uhhh, gee let's see, which one to pick. Well I picked the video and on the screen appeared the Lucasarts logo. Without even thinking, a smile appeared on my face. Then they showed the game work. And boy did the game work. Well, everything but the sound, I mean come on where's the "march"? I fiddled with the buttons (almost computer literate) and tried cranking the volume to full blast. Nothing. Then i pushed the Mute button and BAAAAAM the Raiders March filled the store. A crowd slowly began to assemble around the screen that was filled with incredible images. Trust me, go right now to Compusa and get one of these free disks. It is possible to download, I know, but for me this was easier. Oh, and guess what else was on that disk...A little game called Tomb Raider 4. I got to play this one, only the crowd seemed to diminish and I didn't stay to long for it either. Less than a week!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]