Re: Another map room observation...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alaska Jim from resnet1-148.resnet.umbc.edu on November 10, 1999 at 23:45:02:

In Reply to: Re: Another map room observation... posted by Indiana Joe on November 10, 1999 at 23:35:54:

: I’m sure Belloq didn’t try to cover it up; I don’t think he worried much about Indy getting that far. However, I wouldn’t say the hieroglyphics are covered with dust as though they haven’t been disturbed in hundreds of years; they didn’t seem to have that much on them - we are able to see a lot of those holes, after all. Most likely, the (fairly small) amount of sand that Indy clears away was spread there inadvertantly by Belloq (and the Germans who almost surely accompanied him in the Map Room) carelessly tromping around after making the calculations. It’s not as though there’s any way the Map Room floor is going to stay free of sand, what with more blowing in every time a breeze wafts by the entrance, anyway. Just a thought...

: - IJ

The simplest explanations are usually the best - I didn't even think about that, but it makes perfect sense!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]