Re: forgive me for pointing this out, but...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Joe from dialup142.multilinkws.com on November 11, 1999 at 00:53:14:

In Reply to: Re: The news about Indy IV could actually be GOOD... posted by Mr. Havlock on November 10, 1999 at 19:50:06:

: As for Lucas, my Opinion on T.P.M. is summed up in a old quote from Spielberg in the 'Raiders' soundtrack booklet.
: "We cant anticipate success in the things that we do. You may write a sentence that will become chiseled in marble on someone's library, but you dont know that when you write it. And thats usually not the best motivation behind that kind of creativity anyway. I think if its fantastic and fun and adventurous, that gives us our best time, and very often will give us our best results also. These films, and the STAR WARS films, all of us working on those just regard them as something that would be fun for kids to see on a saturday morning and none of us, including George Lucas himsef, ever had any anticipation that they would become as successfull as they have become. I think thats after the fact, and if any of us could predict what ingredients or what series of mental attitudes could be strung together to create that kind of success, if we could do it on order, we'd all be multi-billionaires. But you cant. Its more elusive and more subtle, and as a consequence more interesting and even more fun".
: -Steven Spielberg

Actually, John Williams was the one who said that.

- IJ

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]