Re: Query for all the Star Wars fans

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Thuggee Bear from host-216-78-22-164.cae.bellsouth.net on November 11, 1999 at 07:21:23:

In Reply to: Query for all the Star Wars fans posted by Indiana Jayne on November 11, 1999 at 05:15:09:

I also get the sense that everyone would rather have Episode II and III over Indy IV, or that Indy IV needs to wait until the Prequels are finished. Personally, I'd rather have another Indy any day. After all, we already know how Star Wars ends.

It's funny, because for the older posters here, the time period when all of these films came out (around the early 80's) were not very pleasant, due to the political or social issues of the day. However, for the younger posters it was indeed a great time to be a kid. I think one of the main reasons why the prequels don't excite me like the prospect of Indy IV, is that it's a lot of unnecessary explanation. I'm not so sure I need my myths explained, which is basically the whole purpose of the new SW films. For example, the Force should be allowed to keep its mystical properties, instead of being given some silly explanation in order to make it seem more logical. It seems to be too much of a left-brain approach to something that should remain a right-brain creation.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]