Re: "...Indy, something troubles me about the ribbon."

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-106.COL.cableone.net on November 11, 1999 at 08:07:45:

In Reply to: "...Indy, something troubles me about the ribbon." posted by Austin Powers on November 10, 1999 at 23:54:20:

: I've said it before and I'll say it again, that damn ribbon on the Herbert Johnson just ain't right. I mean what the hell's up with the bow? The freakin' thing's "riding up". I know for a fact Indy's bow didn't do that. The bottom of the bow was always flush with the rest of the ribbon. I've seen my share of fedoras and not one of 'em, not even the $20 ones, had such a sorry excuse for a bow. I've been starin' at the Herbert Johnson on IndyGear for about 9 days straight now and there ain't no way that that's "the ribbon". The whole thing looks so cheap and flimsy, it looks like they just slapped in on the hat and taped it there.

: Austin....Danger Powers
: "You're the Diet Coke of fedoras...just one calorie."

I understand you really hate the ribbon that's on the HJ, but if you will look at TOD at the scene where Indy is interpreting for Willie and Shortround at the village, you will see that his fedora has the odd ribbon. Look at the ribbon closely when his back is to the camera. He has sort of a double bow, with one corner sweeping up past the main ribbon. This hat may or may not be used throughout the movie, I don't know. I do know that my white repro came with the same type bow that is on the HJ. It was too wide, and so I replaced it, and in the process changed the configuration of the bow. Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]