Re: Mark VII Bag?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Borton from pm085-16.dialip.mich.net on June 01, 1998 at 12:43:43:

In Reply to: Re: Mark VII Bag? posted by Max Schulte on May 31, 1998 at 22:55:58:

: : I know we pretty much covered this topic, however I have a question about one of the variations concerning the attachment loop holding the metal rings to the bag. So far I have found both a canvas and a cotton webbing versions for the 1942 bags in the past. I was wondering if any other collectors, knew what the deal is on this variation, and which might be more accurate to the Indy Trilogy. The main reason I am asking is, I found one Mark VII bag with the
: : " VII W & G 1932 LTD 1942" printing, like the one sold at the Indiana Jones Butterfeild auction a few years back. It has the cotton webbing ring attachment, but I was under the impression they were canvas. I know, I am obsessed with minor details , but I would appreciate any input.

: : Thanks

: : Dan

: In my opinion the 'original' attachment loop was cotton. Just watch
: the bridge scenes again in ToD. You can see the light, yellowish green
: cotton loops very well, especially during the scene when Indy and
: Mola Ram are hanging at the bridge. I have got the "VII W & G 1932 LTD
: 1943" version and it has cotton loops as well. And like you said the
: 1942 model carried in ToD had cotton loops instead of canvas.

: I'd appreciate any more information about the loops as they weren't
: mentioned before...

: Regards,
: -Max

: PS: By the way, Dan, has this Mark Allen guy a website???

Thanks Max, After I posted this message last night, I went back and rechecked a bunch of sources. The fight on the tank in the Last Crusade, provided some good shots of the bag. Indeed there were the cotton loops. What threw me is that I have a couple photos from the ToD and the Last Crusade that show the bag with the canvas loops. They must have used both during production.

Mark’s web site is http://www.wyomingweb.com/markallen/

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: