Re: Where was Indy during the 'Big One'?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anejo Joe from mlknfrw1.milliken.com on November 11, 1999 at 12:34:54:

In Reply to: Re: Where was Indy during the 'Big One'? posted by Friend Of Indy on November 10, 1999 at 21:12:25:

: : : This has probably been covered in one of the 'Indy' novels, (I use the term loosely), but where was Indy during WWII? Did he heed Uncle Sam's call? Being a college professor could have possibly rendered him exempt. Necessary to the homefront or whatever. I just have a hard time seeing Indy in a steel-pot, marching through Italy or northern Africa. My gut tells me that this is what the next pic will concern.

: : I doubt it. Lucas has used this idea to its conclusion with the Young Indy films. And seeing as how Indy served in the secret service and all of that he probably got dispatched as a spy.

: : And I remember a quote from GL talking about how the Complete adventures of Indy would take us from the 1900s through to the 1950s. This would place the new film after Infernal Machine and gives more credence to the (shudder) Area 51 concept...

: I remember reading the movie adaptation of Raiders of the Lost Ark. And when the Secret Service Men come to commission Dr. Jones to look for the Ark of the Covenant he makes a comment to Marcus. It was something to the effect of "What do they want to see me for I already did my service or it might have been "I already served."
: This implies that WWI verterans may have been exempt from service unless they freely volunteered.

Indy would have been 42 years old at Pearl Harbor. Too old for the draft. Too old for military service unless he was already a part of the military. The war was fought by young men.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]