Re: Gee, thanks...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on November 11, 1999 at 16:48:50:

In Reply to: Gee, thanks... posted by Patterson on November 11, 1999 at 13:46:28:

: : Saw the pics on Indy Gear and am well impressed. It looks really cool. I've noticed that the Crusade jacket looks a little browner in your pics as opposed to the Raiders ones above it. Which would you say is a closer representation? Did it go lighter through treatment?

: : For fifteen years I always thought the Raiders/Doom jacket was a deep navy blue (in the movies) while the Crusade one looked browner. Your pictures also seem to show this.

: : Cheers

: : Graham

: Thanks for the compliment. Yes, I'm very happy with it. The lighting in the picture brings the brown out a bit more then you see in natural light, but it is a fair representation. The tone is definitely made richer by the Pecard treatment. The initial color out of the box was very similar to Tim London's Raiders. The Raider jacket I traded to Michaelson was also very similar. I know he has taken to using the Pecard dressing.

: Hey Michaelson! Has the Pecard had the same effect on your Raider's?

: I swear by the stuff. And I, too, am in love with my jacket!

: Cheers!

: Patterson

As a matter of fact it has. I could have sworn that the picture you sent for Indygear was my coat after treatment. But let us REstate, these are the HIDE versions and not the SKIN version. The skin responds differently to the Pecards than the hide does. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]