Re: Indy IV Production: 2 years sounds right..plus what about the INDY IV Girl being MIA?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chaz from client-151-198-133-168.bellatlantic.net on November 11, 1999 at 21:01:00:

In Reply to: Indy IV Production: 2 years sounds right..plus what about the INDY IV Girl being MIA? posted by DrJones on November 11, 1999 at 20:20:51:

: OK, my two cents here...

: over the next two years, Spielberg will film:
: Minority Report, Memoirs of A Geisha, and Lindberg..
: He HAS afterall done this before; The Lost World, Amistad, and Saving Private Ryan were all released within (I beleive) 7 months apart.
: It could happen.

: Lucas will direct Star Wars II and oversee post production on it.

: Harrison will shoot The Sum of All Fears

: Fall 2001: Cameras lense on Indiana Jones IV.

: Also, what if they bring back Catherine Zeta Jones' character of Mia?
: The way her episode ended with

: SPOILER

: Her being wounded and riding away, They could age her a little bit and bring her back..harboring ill will.

I dunno. I doubt a character like hers would harbor any ill will, especially since this film is gonna take place at least 30 years later (a new actress would be necessary). Plus she was a spy, like Indy. I'm sure shes used to failing missions.

Who else thinks the next Indy film should be a two parter? they could film both films back to back, the way they're doing with the Lord of the Rings films. Also, it seems like each Indy film thus far has been a resolution to some Young Indy plot line thus far:

Temple of Doom - Well, I'm pretty sure Lucas intended the diamond in TREASURE OF THE PEACKOCK's EYE to be the diamond Indy got from Lao in the night club. Does anyone know if Willie was able to get ahold of the diamond? Also, maybe Lao Che's father was the fat man? Lao is to young to have been the fat man himself, but who knows.

Raiders of the Lost Ark - Well, this one deals with the plot line of a story in young indy's past, but nothing that has been chronicled thus far. Who else thinks that a TV movie ought to be made dealing with Indy's relationship with Marion, Abner, and the discovery of the Staff of Ra? Perhaps a whole series of stories set between Hollywood Follies and Temple of Doom.

The Last Crusade - This one resolves his relationship with dad that he screwed up in Chapter 19: Winds of Change.

So what unresovled story could be touched upon in INDY IV? Perhaps, if Willie didnt get the diamond, a trek through the Shanghai underworld, perhaps w/ willie, and even including Remy. Where would Remy be at this point? With his wife? Or still searching for the diamond? Maybe we could even get the adult Short Round into the film (hes currently on ER). I'd say some final appearance of TE Lawrence, except that he died in 1935 :-(. Personally, i think Last Crusade resolves the whole indy story pretty well. What I think we really need are some tv movies about Indy's early days in the acheology field. Storys could range from Indy's involvement in the discovery of Tuntenkamen's tomb (this was forshadowed in Peacocks' Eye), his dealings with Marion and Abner, to his first meeting with Belloq.
- Chaz

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]