Star Wars Vs. Indy

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.197 on November 11, 1999 at 21:36:24:

In Reply to: Query for all the Star Wars fans posted by Indiana Jayne on November 11, 1999 at 05:15:09:

I don't really understand why there is a conflict on this forum between "Star Wars" and Indy. With both series being created by Lucas and so many of the same people involved with both, it is natural that discussion of one would lead often to discussion of the other. I personally like to compare and see how developments in "Star Wars" effect Indy and vice versa. They are interconnected whether we like it or not.
How can we totally avoid talk of "Star Wars" when we all know that scheduling for Indy IV is affected by the filming of Episode 2?
As for there being too many "Star Wars" fans on this site, I think that's logical. There are a lot of elements of the "Star Wars" films that are appealing to Indyfans and I personally have no problem with a little "Star Wars" talk bleeding onto this forum as long as it doesn't take away from talk of Indy.
There is an unlimited amount of space on this forum and an occasional post about "Star Wars" doesn't push aside discussion of Indy.
I'd much rather read an intelligent post about "Star Wars" than endless posts about how many eyeholes there are in Indy's shoes or the width of the ribbon on his hat or how many teeth are in the zipper of a Wested. Yawn.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]