ARRGHHH!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on November 12, 1999 at 06:08:24:

In Reply to: Wested & Ethyl Alcohol Treatment posted by Rafael Perez on November 11, 1999 at 17:36:56:

: Hello again!! This must be my second or third post.

: Just got my LC Wested, new lambskin. Great Jacket must say but....
: .... too new finish.

: Now. I've read almost everything about treating the jacket to get a used look, i.e. peccard dressing, sandpaper, beating against the wall and so on..... so I've tried myself a new "technique"...

: I've found that rubbing the new leather with a towel moistered in Ethyl Alcohol will make the brown color to fade, getting a slightly lighter color that makes the skin look like soared in the area where applied, I mean you get the color brushed off.
: Of course I've only done this in a hidden area, cause I don't wanna to ruin the jacket the first day it arrived. My question is that if I decide to rub the whole jacket will it get ruined. I mean could the leather suffer badly from treating it with the alcohol?. It seems that it will fet a great look but wanna get sure before aplying to the whole surfaces. Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks.....RAFA

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is a very bad idea. The alchohol will pretty much fry the fibers in the leather. They'll dry out and break, and you'll end up with a very weathered look - your jacket will begin to crack!

If you want your jacket to age, wear it a lot. Be patient. Don't destroy your Wested.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: