Re: On the subject of Lucas bashing.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bewoulf from FPARK-244-106.usae.bah.com on November 12, 1999 at 08:45:48:

In Reply to: Re: On the subject of Lucas bashing. posted by Thuggee Bear on November 12, 1999 at 07:15:11:

I agree that he should stay in touch with the fans, but he shouldn't tailor his movies specifically FOR the fans. If he wants to include a character like Jar Jar that 90% of teh fans are going to despise, but will appeal to children that is (and should remain) his choice. He shouldn't make the movies for the fans, but at the same time, he should find out what the fans are interested in and decide whether or not he chooses to incorporate any of it. He has done this to an extent in the past. Including Boba Fett in the Jabba scene in the Special Edition of A New Hope was completely aimed at the fan popularity of the character.

: My advice to Lucas would be that he should stay in touch with the fans. I really think he was genuinely surprised by the criticisms of The Phantom Menace, but then that's the problem. There's no excuse to sit back in an ivory tower these days, completely out of touch with the fans, (especially with all the free resources like Indyfan out there in cyberspace).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]