Here's what I think...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.197 on November 14, 1999 at 00:00:01:

In Reply to: So, now that Indy is reissued and everything... posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert on November 12, 1999 at 12:54:06:

You're right that the "Raiders" name change is not that big a deal by itself. It only occurs on the box and doesn't mess with the content of the film. I think what really bothered everybody is the fear that this wouldn't be the only thing changed.
When you tie the name change in with other actions that George Lucas has taken it scares people into thinking he might mess around with Indy IV or make changes to the existing movies down the line.
For instance, when the special editions of "Star Wars" came out everyone was excited by the prospect of additional stuff being added to the movies, but then we got things like Greedo shooting first which pissed off almost everybody. Some people feared (and I'm one of them) that if he could make this mistake with "Star Wars" then what stupid thing might he do to Indy. Then we heard that he was changing the name of "Raiders" and we feared the worst. Would he also go back and take out the scene where Indy shoots the Arab swordsman? It's every bit as ruthless as Han shooting poor Greedo. Thank God he didn't but you never know if he just might do that when the Indy films come out on DVD. I think we'd all have been a lot more comfortable if he'd just released "Raiders" the way it was.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]