Re: How many people on this forum DON'T speak English as their first language?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sas c|:) from info.tuwien.ac.at on November 14, 1999 at 02:30:08:

In Reply to: How many people on this forum DON'T speak English as their first language? posted by ROB T. on November 14, 1999 at 00:08:01:

: Since we Indyfans come from a lot of places around the globe and some of us come from places where English is not the native tongue I just wondered how many non-English speaking people we have here. From the posts I've read it's hard to tell who doesn't normally speak English because nobody on this site seems to have any trouble communicating in English.
: Being from Missouri myself, English is the only language I can speak except for being able to count to ten in Spanish.
: So how many people here usually communicate in some language other than English?

My first language is German or to be more correct Austrian German (it is slightly different from the German spoken in Germany). English is taught starting from the third grade in Austria, so most people here are able to speak English. I also know some French (enough to get to the Indy ride in EuroDisney :) and I can read some Japanese letters.

sas c|:)
http://fly.to/IJC

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: