Re: It’s still available in an anthology...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Joe from dialup53.multilinkws.com on November 15, 1999 at 10:11:31:

In Reply to: Where can I get the Last Crusade 3.5 game with diary? (NM) posted by belloq on November 15, 1999 at 08:21:15:

: Thanks.

The IBM PC version of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - The Graphic Adventure is available with four other games in the compilation LucasArts Classic Adventures, still available from the LucasArts Company Store for $19.95. You won’t get the original packaging, of course, nor will you get a separate Grail Diary booklet, but the complete content of the Grail Diary is reprinted in the Last Crusade section of the manual (the box contains one big manual for all five games, containing all the printed content of all five original individual game packages). None of the five games in the anthology is still available on its own, but even if they were the Classic Adventures anthology is still a better deal (unless, of course, you want the original packaging). Unfortunately, the Macintosh version of the game is no longer available; there isn’t a Mac version of the Classic Adventures anthology, and the Mac versions of the individual games (three of them were done for the Mac) have been out of print just as long as the PC versions.

If you’re keen on getting a PC copy of the game in its original package, I have an old copy I don’t need that I was planning on selling on ebay (I got the game years before I had a computer to play it on. I eventually wound up getting a Macintosh instead, so after buying not only the individual game package but also the Classic Adventures set [which I got for some of the other games that I was later unable to get individually], I wound up buying the Mac version while it was still available, so between having the Mac version in the original package and the PC version in the Classic Adventures anthology I certainly don’t need the individual PC version any longer). It’s complete except for the “translation table” (a form of copy protection) which was missing from my PC copy when I got it (since I didn’t have a computer at the time, I didn’t realize there was something missing until I got my Mac copy), but I’d be happy to photocopy the info from the Classic Adventures manual so you could play it. The disks are so old I wonder whether they’re still good, but I could test them on a friend’s PC first.

- IJ

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]