Re: Harrison on Rosie: Indy 4 is OFFICIALLY DEAD and I think even Micah knows that now

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jones from dialup-214.vegas.net on June 02, 1998 at 17:51:44:

In Reply to: Re: Harrison on Rosie: Indy 4 is OFFICIALLY DEAD and I think even Micah knows that now posted by INDIANA GJR on June 02, 1998 at 08:38:10:

:
: : : Well as most of u probably know by now Harrison was on Rosie this morning and stated that there hasn't been a scipt for about 5 to 6 years. I am not the kind of person to say I told u all so, but I knew this was going to happen. I am going on the record and saying that Indy 4 is DEAD. And don't anyone tell me that Lucasfilm is just trying to mislead us. If Indy 4 was going to happen within the next 2 years Harrison Ford would of said so on Rosie today. I would like to thank the following people who basically lied to us over the past year: Harrison Ford who stated on numerous programs that "..it's just a matter of scheduling." Steven Spielberg who stated on "Film Review '98" that ..."there will be another Indiana Jones. We r just sorting out a few ideas right now". Rick McCallum who stated in a interview from last year which I know all of u remeber, "We have a GREAT SCRIPT for Indy 4. It will be out in the year 2000 at the latest". George Lucas who stated at the SW press conference last July, "We r working on a script right now and it's just a matter of scheduling". We put r hopes of another Indy installment in those guys hands and look what they did to us. I wouldn't been as pissed off if they said from the beginning that they didn't have a scipt, But no, what do they do? They all LIED!

: : : Also, don't anyone tell me that there is still hope. Even if a script did turn up within the next year that they all agreed on, do u know how many rewrites it would take before they r all totally satisfied? Too long!!! By that time SW3 will be out and Harrison will be 63. To be honest, I think Micah shouldn't even bother with "The Latest" section of the site anymore. What's the point? And u know what, I think Micah is probably thinking about that as well. Remeber, I am just as upset as the rest of u that there won't be another Indy film. I just wished we weren't screwed over.

: : : -KEN-

: : Ken, I can tell by the above that you're pretty upset, and I don't plan to say anything regarding this. Just remember that Shakespeare even wrote in a play many years ago "Me thinks he protests to much!", or words to that effect. Just remember, the more someone or group keeps stirring the dust, and yet claims nothing is going on, the more suspect the "non" activities are to me. There are as many pros as there are cons to this problem, and if I were Ford, and didn't want to let the cat out of the bag, I sure as the dickens wouldn't have said on national TV that I was working on a project. Let's face it, the contoversy goes on. He's willing, but claims no script, when there have been sources to the contrary for the same period of time, 5 years? And yes, HE'S Indy, but let's face it, he's also the actor, not the producer, writer, director, or owner of Paramont Studios. He doesn't have the permission to say anything contrary to the business operations of the company, regardless of who he has become. He is still an employee of the company, regardless of how well paid or thought of. So Ken, don't get to hot. There's just to much activity otherwise to believe there isn't something going on, somewhere, somehow. Lucasarts has introduced a new game, there's discussion on the web and in the fan magazines. Galoob has been mentioned in several texts of already having the toy rights to the fourth movie. Wested Leather, of our own experience, is doing a booming business globally in Indy related products. The interest is there, and Paramont and company like money. Just sit back and see what may happen. The most fun of the movie business is the dis-information part of the equation! The trick is not to swallow everything you hear. There's always a grain of truth somewhere in the statements. Regards. Michaelson

: Michaelson,
: I always go out of my way to read your posts because they always tell the truth in any matter. Thank You,
: G.J.R.

Allright. I just recieved an e-mail from Ken. I've also read all of the messages pertaining to this subject. I know some of you have lost all hope and I know alot of you need someone to blame for leading you down the wrong path. Michaelson is right: Don't blame Micah. He just posts what he finds and what news he has and what he believes to be substantial.

As to the news of Indy 4 being shelved, I really don't believe it. I still think that Ford, Lucas, and Speilberg are still beginning production or are sunning in Hawaii during post-production. Maybe Ford said that Indy 4 was dead so he could throw everyone off track. He doesn't really like the paparazzi and he sure as hell wouldn't want them snooping around the cameras, giving away pictures and stories on the plot of the fourth Indy movie. That's just my opinion.

Indy

P.S: If Ken and everyone else is right, that the movie has been shelved, then I would just like to say one thing: We have to live with it. We have to believe that the trail to the Holy Grail was the last and greatest journey Dr. Jones, his father, Sallah, and Marcus Brody will ever have. Thank you.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]