You have EVERY right be be proud of THAT email address, my friend!! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em11-686.utsi.edu on November 16, 1999 at 15:39:37:

In Reply to: Re: Three questions posted by The Man with the Hat on November 16, 1999 at 15:29:48:

: : : I'm starting to like YIJC a lot and there is something in YIJC that I like more than the three main movies but still the other movies outrank YIJC. And YIJC kinda reminds me of The Hardy Boys, wouldn'tcha think? I used to read quite a few Hardy Boys books and seen a lot of episodes. Although I'm not too interested in the Nancy Drew episodes I would still eventually sit around for those. I especially liked the transelvania Hardy Boys episode which had a little Indy-ness to it. Do you think Hardy Boys had any inspiration on YIJ? And is there any Hardy Boy fans here? I'm not interested much in them as I was. See ya, Shorty.
: : : "There were no puppets in this movie!" -Tom Servo, MST3K: TM.

: : Hey. Didn't one of the Hardy Boys grow up to be in Starsky and Hutch?
: : Are any of you out there old enough to even remember Starsky and
: : Hutch? And aren't all the Hardy Boys' adventures about pirates?
: : -graml
: : "Not this one! It's about SMUGGLERS! It's called 'The Smugglers of
: : Pirates Cove'!"- Homer Simpson

: The Man with the Hat is back!!

: No, a Hardy Boy was not in Starsky and Hutch!! They were played by David Soul and Paul Michael Glaser!! And, yes I do remember the show!! In fact, the first thing I ever bought from money that I earned myself was a Starsky and Hutch Detective set which had 2 guns, 2 badges and 2 walkie talkies!! God, I loved those toys!!

: While we're on the subject of the Hardy Boys, I do believe that George Lucas was somewhat inspired by the Hardy Boys!! In fact, in "Spring Break Adventure" (Princeton 1916 for all the purists), Indy is dating Nancy Stratemeyer, the daughter of Edward Stratemeyer. Stratemeyer was the creator of the Hardy Boys, as well as Nancy Drew, Tom Swift, the Bobbsey Twins, and over a hundred others!! As I am an aspiring writer, he is a sort of hero to me!!

: On a more personal note, I have changed my email address!! Please feel free to write me (I love to get mail!!)!! At the very least, click on it so that I can show it off!! I'm very proud of it!! Boy, was that a subtle hint, or what?

: Thank you for your time!!

: The Man with the Hat

: "Fortune and Glory, Kid. Fortune and Glory."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: