Re: Infernal Machine Demo Walkthrough.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Werlin from c404268-a.sttln1.wa.home.com on November 17, 1999 at 14:37:00:

In Reply to: Infernal Machine Demo Walkthrough. posted by by Short Round on November 12, 1999 at 17:20:58:

where's the rest of it?!??!?!

Thanks for the help so far.......

: I wrote it myself on Microsoft Word. Here it is.

: When you first start head to the right onto the small block. Then face the the wall to the right and press Alt. While hanging onto the wall press up/forward and climb to the very top. Then go into the water and to the box in the water and press Ctrl to pick it up. Don't use the medicine just yet cuz you'll need it later. Get out of the small section and to the very left of the room. Jump on the platform and you will see a box with a totem pole face on it. Go to the other side facing the wall and pull it towards the wall by pressing Ctrl + the down arrow key. It will only go halfway so go on the other end and hold Ctrl + the up arrow key and let it get pushed up against the wall. Go on the other end facing the rest of the room and pull the block(Ctrl + down arrow key)until it stops. Get on the block by pressing against it(Make sure you are NOT carrying anything at the time, I.E. Lighter, punch mode, machete, whip, guns, etc.) and press Alt to climb onto it. Then climb onto the platform with the torch in it. Go to the very end facing the other platform WITHOUT falling, and take out the whip by pressing the 1 key. When the wooden beam is visible while you're holding the whip, press Ctrl which then will make you swing across to the other platform. put your whip back by hitting the space bar. Go to the end of the small corridor and face the letter then press Alt. Climb up the latter and go to the left. Hit the L key which takes out the lighter and head to the small room with the skeleton. Take away the lighter by pressing the space bar and head the only other way you can. Either take out the machete or the gun and shoot the scorpions. Then go to the entrance near the water-filled room. You can either kill the fish by shooting them while YOU are out of the water, or go in the water and butcher 'em with the machete. To swim point yourself in the direction you want to go to and hold down Alt. If you are above water hit the C key and you will go under. But don't stay under too long or your oxygen will give up. Go to the very very left where the funeral barge is, and dive under till you see a small cement piece is. Grab it by pressing Ctrl and resurface. Go to the left of the small island with the stairs and climb onto the ledge by pressing against it and hitting the Alt key. If you're not able to get up there then you are apparently holding something. Then jump to the other one by pressing Alt and hit the up arrow key to climb up it. Go to the hole in it and swim in the underground tunnel and resurface in a small room. Get out of the water and go down the dark corridor where you will be on a small platform in the heart of the volcano itself! It's best to save the game before doing anything else. After the lava blows, jump to the other end and climb up. Me, being an old Prince of Persia SNES addict loved this section more than anything. Ok, if you remember Prince of Persia you definitely remember running across the catwalk that let out below your feet. Well run fast and get to the other end. Wait till the chasm blows and jumps across. Climb onto the platform and go to the near end of the platform facing the other end. Now take out your whip and swing across. You will see an animation of boulder coming at you. Hold Z and press the up arrow key to avoid it. Ok, now go into the small tunnel and turn back to where the boulder came from. Do a run jump and climb up into the other tunnel the boulder came from. Go through it till you end up near an altar and grab the stash. Go back out and either run jump or hold Z + the up arrow key to get back. Ok, now go into the other room and grab the other stash then take out the machete and kill the scorpion that comes at you. It’s possible this one will get you by surprise so after killing it, if it bit you hit Esc and then use the Poison treatment. Drop down the hole and hit the large metal button thing. After the animation cutscene turn around and take out the machete then kill the scorpions. After that go into the next room and grab the stash to the right. Then jump into the other room and jump over the chasm. Kill the scorpion and turn right out into the water filled room yet again. Jump in the water. If you are on easy mode it only take two chops to kill the sharks. After killing them, go onto the stairs again and then carefully jump onto the funeral barge. Grab the key the skeleton is clutching and swim on over to the other island. Go to the keyhole and insert the key. Walk out the door and let the cutscene take place. Go into the tent and grab the medical kit. Now is a time to patch your wounds using ONLY the Medicine vials from the beginning. Go to the jeep and press Ctrl and your ready for the coolest part of the level! By now it’s best to save the game. Go up the hill and cross the bridge. The hill looks impossible but in the words of Luke Skywalker “It’s not impossible.”. Go into the mountain and stop immediately! Get out by hitting Ctrl and in the first corner to the right is a stash of coins. Get it and hop back into the jeep. Go down the mountain and stop before heading up the ramp. Go onto it carefully and align the jeep with the wooden beams. Back up by hitting the down arrow key and go up the mountain WITHOUT hitting the left or right keys. Now hold shift and hit the up arrow key and hit the ramp! You’ll fly to the other side of the ravine. Now go forward and stop the jeep. On the other end near the other ravine is two soviets which can be killed in numerous ways. You can whip the guns out of their hands and beat ‘em up which is really difficult. You can shoot ‘em. Chop ‘em up with the machete or punch ‘em. It’s also fun to run ‘em over with the jeep. You can’t go over this ramp so you’re gonna have to go up the hill on the side, back up and go over the ravine which is also a good way to not waist time killing those retards but you might also miss your stash.

:

: I sometimes go up on the hill and ride over to the side and go off it and land on the two guys which sometimes worked! I even did that by jumping down with a machete and getting them by surprise! Anyway, after they’re dead grab their weapons and the BOX of coins! One time the guys gun landed near the box and I picked up the gun. Anytime I pick up a gun Indy says “A gun!” and when I pick up the box he says “Ha!” or something. So while they were near each other I picked up the gun and immediately picked up the stash and he said “A Guh-ha!. Anyway, after going over the cliff go into the tunnel, stop, get out, and pick up the stash in the corner. Get back into the jeep and get out the tunnel and run over the goon near the trees. This part is similar to the other ramp. There are THREE hard to kill guys near crates and the turned over truck. Either run ‘em over which was hard and got me flying over and into the ravine or either stuck between something. So either shoot them or hide behind where you came from and wait for them to come near you and run ‘em all over. After that, go near the truck and to a wooden slab on the side of the mountain. Pick it up and head towards the ramp and take out the slab to have it put on the ramp. Then align the two lines on the hood of jeep along with the tracks in the ground and DO NOT touch the ramp!!! Back up and holding the shift button go over the ramp! Then go into the tunnel at top speed and go down the funnel-like mountain. Stop at the very end, get out and go to the altar and grab the idol. Don’t worry no more boulder’s are gonna chase ya. Get back into the jeep and either run over or go passed the soviets and up the hill and let the cutscene takes place! The level is now complete! Or should I say the demo. Whew! See ya, Shorty.
: "You're not the man I knew ten years ago." -Marion.
: "It's not the years honey, it's the mileage!" -Indy, Raiders.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]