Re: Question for those who ordered direct from LucasArts

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doktor Jones from fsict-tc15-48.fn.net on November 17, 1999 at 17:55:56:

In Reply to: Question for those who ordered direct from LucasArts posted by BMan on November 17, 1999 at 17:05:20:

: I pre-ordered The Infernal Machine direct from LucasArts.

: When I check the status of my order I get confirmation that it was shipped on the 15th. It also provides a USPS tracking number. When I click the button to go to the USPS site, I get "There is no record of
: that mail item. If it was mailed recently, it may not yet be tracked. Please try again later." I've tried all week, with the same tracking number error message.

: When I emailed customer service, I got what seems to a canned response that says basically the same thing in text form that the order status web page says.

: Has anyone else experienced this? Or has the post office lost my package? I hope I'm just being paranoid, 'cause I'd like the game to arrive before the weekend.

: Thanks for your replies.

: BMan

I got the same info from LucasArts when I checked my order. I believe that they ship it on the 15/11 (official release date). It takes about 3 days for priority mail to get to us. The confirmation number or so-called tracking number is useless until the item is delivered - meaning that it'll show on the USPS.com only when you get the item. As long as it says that its not delivered yet, its not lost.

I'll just wait patiently.

Sure you can buy it from EB, but for 39.95 (w/o tax, free shipping & handling), a limited edition box (silver color I think), Hal's autograph, a year 2000 Indy calendar, and a yoyo(?)... I think its worth the wait. The game will always be there.

Hope it helps.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]