Thanks for the confirmation. nim

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BMan from ppp2a-43.ruralnet.net on November 17, 1999 at 18:44:39:

In Reply to: Re: Question for those who ordered direct from LucasArts posted by Doktor Jones on November 17, 1999 at 17:55:56:

: : I pre-ordered The Infernal Machine direct from LucasArts.

: : When I check the status of my order I get confirmation that it was shipped on the 15th. It also provides a USPS tracking number. When I click the button to go to the USPS site, I get "There is no record of
: : that mail item. If it was mailed recently, it may not yet be tracked. Please try again later." I've tried all week, with the same tracking number error message.

: : When I emailed customer service, I got what seems to a canned response that says basically the same thing in text form that the order status web page says.

: : Has anyone else experienced this? Or has the post office lost my package? I hope I'm just being paranoid, 'cause I'd like the game to arrive before the weekend.

: : Thanks for your replies.

: : BMan

:
: I got the same info from LucasArts when I checked my order. I believe that they ship it on the 15/11 (official release date). It takes about 3 days for priority mail to get to us. The confirmation number or so-called tracking number is useless until the item is delivered - meaning that it'll show on the USPS.com only when you get the item. As long as it says that its not delivered yet, its not lost.

: I'll just wait patiently.

: Sure you can buy it from EB, but for 39.95 (w/o tax, free shipping & handling), a limited edition box (silver color I think), Hal's autograph, a year 2000 Indy calendar, and a yoyo(?)... I think its worth the wait. The game will always be there.

: Hope it helps.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]