Re: What are some of the thing you have used your whips for?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jack skellington from spider-tp024.proxy.aol.com on November 17, 1999 at 22:19:35:

In Reply to: What are some of the thing you have used your whips for? posted by Wayne on November 17, 1999 at 20:36:20:

I had an occassion to use my whip several times although it was all by chance. One time, while out hiking in the woods I came across a small ravine and used my whip to swing across it. It was so cool when it actually worked cuz I didn`t think it was going to. A better situation was when my wife (at that time girlfriend) and I went for a walk late one night in my old neigborhood. I wore my whip wrapped around my waist( for dogs) and as we were walking across the local park a police car drove up with all its lights off. The officer asked us if we had seen three individuals with so on and so on and we said no. He then shone his flashlight on my waist and asked,"Do you really know how to use that thing?" I replied,"Yes, sir!" And answered,"Well, keep it handy until you get home cuz we`re still looking for those guys." He left and on the way home we were attacked.....by three stray dogs and I used the whip to keep them at bay. A loud crack close to one scared them enough to make them run.
I also had it with me as my brother and I were mountain climbing in El Paso and he began to slide down and I dropped down the handle for him to grab and pulled him up. Not too exciting but worth me taking my bullwhip almost EVERYWHERE I go. But its important to practice. I have a couple of VERY trusting friends who "attack" me from all sides at the same time fast and slow and so I`ve developed some decent techniques of using the bullwhip for self-defense. Try it and see how it works....slowly. Most information on whip self defense consists of using the whip as a rolled up weapon but I prefer to develop it where it is most potent...as a striking weapon. But it`s late and I must go to bed. Smiles and nightmares-Jack Skellington

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]