Re: What scenes in ToD can the alternate jackets be seen?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on November 18, 1999 at 09:31:22:

In Reply to: What scenes in ToD can the alternate jackets be seen? posted by grail knight on November 17, 1999 at 18:11:05:

: I have read that in some scenes in the Temple of Doom there were alternate jackets to the Wested used. I don't see any difference in the jacket in any scene so I was wondering if someone could reply and point out which scenes the alternate jackets were used and if they are the Cooper jackets. Thanks alot

I haven't been able to see any differences in the jackets from scene to scene either. They all look the same, and I've been reluctant to say what I think about this. Oh, well here goes.

First the story was that the ToD jacket was the same as the Raiders jacket except for being slightly longer. Then the story became that they had jackets left over from Raiders, and a few additional jackets were purchased from a French company for ToD. The stories are really inconsistent.

I think what probably happened was that a jacket or two from the first movie were given to this French company to create knock-off's for ToD. The jacket in ToD is a great looking jacket, BUT the details are all wrong for it to be a Wested, ala the Raiders and LC jackets. I'd be happy to revisit those details if anybody wants to hear it.

I guess in summary, deep in the back of my mind, I don't believe Peter made any jackets that ever made it into the second movie. He's a great guy, but the changing stories, along with the revelation of loosing the original patterns for a time, make me question Peter's involvement in the second movie.

Oh, yea - they're not Coopers, though the details are closer to what's on screen. The Coopers are "full cut". The real giveaway, though, is the zipper; the Coopers have the American zipper, i.e. it’s on the right. The jackets on the screen have a European zipper, that is they are on the left, under the storm flap.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: